Already a member? Log in to renew.
Be the role model she'll always remember.
As a volunteer, you’ll introduce girls to new experiences that show them they’re capable of more than they ever imagined. They’ll each find their inner G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-Taker, Leader)™ after all! We always need troop leaders to start new troops for girls in grades K-12, and there are numerous other opportunities to get involved.
Want to Start a Troop?
You’ll be their cheerleader, guide, and mentor, helping them develop skills and confidence that will last a lifetime. Imagine the smiles, the excitement, the memories made—those are the moments you’ll share at Girl Scouts. We'll provide training and support all along the way, so you're not on your own in forming and leading your troop.
To start a new troop, you'll need to:
- Become a member of Girl Scouts. Membership costs $25 per year. (Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.)
- Register as a volunteer, and complete a background check for an additional $21 cost.*
- Complete the required training, which includes an online orientation and in-person training session. Additional training is available along the way.
- Recruit more leaders. You'll want at least two people on your leadership team, and the more the merrier!
- Recruit girls! Contact us if you want us to host a Parent Information Night in your school or find girls looking for a troop.
Ready to get started?
Click the button below to complete registration, view our Opportunity Catalog, and purchase your membership.
*The cost of the background check process will vary based on the costs passed along from the number of counties and states where the potential volunteer has lived for the past seven years and based on the number of aliases. The minimum cost will be $21 and Girl Scouts of Colorado will require the volunteer to pay at least that amount. For more information, read our FAQ.