Gift of Caring & Hometown Heroes
Gift of Caring
In the Gift of Caring (GOC) program, customers can purchase virtual packages of cookies that GSCO will deliver to the military, both local and overseas, and to local charities on behalf of our Girl Scout troops and girls. Girls collect the money, but do not physically take possession of the cookies.
- Tell customers they can buy cookies from your troop to be donated.
- Enter all GOC cookie orders in the GOC column of eBudde under each girl who sold them and record the money collected for these packages in the same line.
- No need to order from a cupboard to account for these “virtual” packages. eBudde allows this to be automatically calculated.
The Hometown Heroes (HTH) program was created so girls would have the opportunity to learn philanthropy and community service through the cookie program. Customers who do not want to buy cookies for themselves may want to purchase HTH packages to give to others while supporting Girl Scouts at the same time. Troops should not take possession of HTH cookies until the end of the program.
- Troops choose a group/organization to receive donated cookies. Recipients can be “heroes” in the community such as non-profit organizations, shelters, firefighters, local military groups, blood banks, or food banks. Contact the selected organizations to get their approval prior to collecting cookie donations.
- Tell customers they can buy cookies from your troop to be donated to this group/organization.
- Enter all HTH cookie orders in the HTH column in eBudde under each girl who sold them and record the money collected for these packages in the same line.
- At the end of the program, use unsold packages of cookies in your troop inventory to fill the HTH order. Additional HTH cookies may be picked up from a local cupboard to complete the order.
- All arrangements for selection, delivery, and shipment of HTH cookies are your troop’s responsibility.
The deadline to deliver HTH cookies is June 28.