This is the official website of Girl Scouts of Colorado. It is owned and operated by Girl Scouts of Colorado, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
- Unless you voluntarily provide certain information, Girl Scouts of Colorado does not collect personally identifiable information. We do not require you to register or provide information to view our sites.
- Girl Scouts of Colorado only gathers personally identifiable data, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. For example, personally identifiable information is collected in order to process online transactions, online donations, or job applications. This information is used solely by Girl Scouts of Colorado or other entities involved in the operation of this site for internal purposes.
- Girl Scouts of Colorado never sells or rents its mailing lists or other personal information to outside parties or organizations. We will only share information when: (1) you authorize us to share information, (2) sharing the information is necessary to the operation of the site such as processing a credit card, or (3) we are required to disclose information by law.
- We may collect non-personally identifiable information to evaluate and improve our site. We use this information anonymously and only in the aggregate.
Girl Scouts of Colorado cares about the safety and security of your transaction and we work hard to keep your information secure.
For example, our information security policies:
- Govern the retention of sensitive information;
- Restrict access to information systems; and
- Specify password requirements
Additionally, your credit card number is retained only until your online order, registration or donation has been processed. At that time, we destroy all records of your credit card information.
Further, we restrict the use of such information and require that it
be kept secure. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) which is the industry
standard for secure commercial transactions. This encrypts all of your
personal information including credit card number, name and address
and makes it difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card
information you send. Companies that we work with to process credit
card transaction also use high-grade encryption and security
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) protects the personal information of children under the age of 13. This applies to individually identifiable information about a child that is collected online, such as full name, home address, email address, telephone number or any other information that would allow someone to identify or contact the child. The Act and Rule also cover other types of information—for example, hobbies, interests and information collected through cookies or other types of tracking mechanisms—when they are tied to individually identifiable information. It is important for you to understand this law; we encourage you to read more about COPPA.
Girl Scouts of Colorado is committed to providing a safe, secure, and fun online experience for children who visit our site. We are dedicated to safeguarding any personal information collected online and to helping parents and children have positive experiences on the Internet. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent.
Parents can revoke their consent and ask that information about their children be deleted from the site by contacting our offices by phone at 1-866-827-7033 or via email (link to inquiry). To do this or to review personal information collected from children, we must verify the identity of the requesting parent. When a parent revokes consent, we will stop collecting, using, or disclosing information from that child. To respect the privacy of parents, information collected and used for the sole purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notice is not maintained in retrievable form by the site if parental consent is not obtained after a reasonable time.
Girl Scouts believes it is good policy not to collect more personally identifiable information from children under 13 than is necessary for them to participate in our online activities. In addition, be aware that all sites that are targeted to children under 13 are prohibited by law from collecting more information than they need.
We do not use this site to sell merchandise or services to, nor do
we solicit contributions from, children under the age of 18. Parents
or guardians must purchase products or services, or make
If you are under 18, you need parent/guardian permission to use a credit card to make purchases online.
Links to Other Websites and Services
This site may be linked to other sites and services that are not maintained by Girl Scouts of Colorado. These websites have their own privacy policies, which you should review prior to visiting them. We have no responsibility for linked websites and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
Our Security Safeguard
The safety and security of your online experience is of the utmost concern to us. We ensure the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures are in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
Our Privacy Statement will be reviewed periodically and will be changed when appropriate. We will post notice of changes to our policy on our website. If you have any questions regarding our privacy statement or the contents of our website, please contact Kristin H. or contact us at:
Communications and Marketing Department
Girl Scouts of Colorado Corporate Office
3801 E. Florida Ave., Suite 720
Denver, CO 80210