State Park Program: Archery & Fishing at Staunton State Park
Spend time outdoors this summer at Staunton State Park! This is a drop-in style of program, where Girl Scout groups can show up anytime from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. to participate in the program. Groups should plan for about an hour and a half to two hours complete both archery and fishing. There are limited program supplies, so depending on how many groups show up at one time there may be a small wait between programs.
At this program, Girl Scouts will get to practice their fishing and archery skills, all in one day! Supplies for both activties will be provided, but please bring your own gear if you have it. Bring anything you will need for a day out recreating in the mountains-hiking boots, pack, water, snacks, rain gear, layers, and the 10 outdoor essentials.
- Fishing Information: Groups should plan for one mile hike each way to the fishing Davis Ponds. Anyone 16 and older who wants to fish must have a valid fishing license, which can be purchased from our Visitor Center.
- Archery Information: Archery will be taught by volunteers at the Meadow Parking Lot. Per Girl Scout safety guidelines, archery is only for Brownies and older.
This is not a drop off event, all Girl Scouts must attend with a parent, guardian, or troop leader. Girl to adult ratios for events should be met. All child and adult attendees agree to follow the most current GSCO COVID -19 guidelines in relation to in-person events and have completed a COVID-19 waiver. All participants must have a current Girl Scout membership.
Questions? Contact Andrea Dumais, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-816-0912
- See directions and read more about Staunton State Park
- Entrance is FREE for Girl Scout groups, when you arrive, please tell the front gate you are there for a Girl Scout program.
- Check in at the Visitor Center. Hike to fishing at Davis Ponds, drive or hike to archery at the Meadow Parking lot.