Outdoor Art Explorers and Creators: Girl Scout Exploration
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has classified Girl Scout troop meetings as personal gatherings in regards to the public health order. Because COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines can vary depending on counties, GSCO advises troops to check with their local county health authorities prior to holding meetings, activities, or events.
**Please note this event is not hosted by GSCO*
This self-guided experience encourages Girl Scout groups and families to explore the beauty of nature as they become outdoor art explorers and creators. This program is designed to meet the needs of the Brownie and Junior Outdoor Art Badge requirements. Girl Scouts will:
- Discover how nature inspires art by completing a scavenger hunt through the Gardens
- Explore the visual interest provided by textures in nature while making clay impressions using natural objects
- Search for hidden patterns and colors in nature using magnifiers and microscopes
- Design and plant a terrarium to take home
*Denver Botanic Gardens does not provide activity badges.
Program Capacity: Each program time can accommodate up to 20 people (both Girl Scouts and adults). Groups larger than 10 people will be split into two smaller groups and explore the program separately. Each group is required to have at least one adult to lead the group through the program.
Program Location and Weather Considerations
This program is designed to take place mostly outdoors, although at least one activity takes place indoors. In the event of weather that prohibits the comfortable use of our outdoor spaces, you have the option of completing activities in our indoor spaces or picking up materials to complete the activities at home.
Cancellations can be made for any reason up to one week before the program. Cancellations with less than one week's notice are non-refundable, except for illness-related cancellations. If you or a member of your party is sick, please stay home.
The following safety procedures and requirements are in place for attending onsite classes during COVID-19:
- All adults and children ages 3 and older are required to wear a mask.
- Program capacities have been reduced to ensure small group sizes and allow for social distancing protocols.
- Materials used during the program are not shared between participant groups and are disinfected between each group's use.
- Please practice social distancing keep at least six feet away from visitors not in your party.