From Scratch in Pueblo with Pastry Chef Jessenia - Virtual
This is a FREE event. Troop leader and chef Jessenia invites you to come learn to bake, from scratch!
What a perfect time of year to show your family and friends your baking skills. You could do a cookie exchange with your friends or family for the holidays or just bake cookies for fun because they are delicious! Girls participating in this session will learn food safety, how to properly measure ingredients, how to store your baked items, oven/hot item safety, and lastly, how to bake cookies!
Please ensure to look at the tools and ingredients listed below. Girls will need adult supervision/assistance.
- Hand mixer (preferred)/ stand mixer/ hand whisk
- 6-8 qt. bowl (large mixing bowl)
- Baking sheet/ cookie sheet pan
- Wooden mixing spoon (if you're using a hand whisk)
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Ice cream scoop (optional)
- 1lb of Butter- Vegan? You can substitute unsweetened applesauce (½ Cup for every cup) or coconut oil (equal parts while solid)
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Shortening
- 2 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cups Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 ¾ Cup All-purpose flour- want to make it Gluten free? Replace with a 1-1 gluten free All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Last but not least whatever flavor you want for your cookies, some ideas are; chocolate chips, peanut butter, sprinkles, raisins, cranberry or you can opt for an old fashion sugar cookie.
We will provide more details, including the link to the Zoom event in an email the day before the virtual kick-off meeting to the primary caregiver for each girl registered. Each individual participant should be registered so we can track participation. Please do not share the information on how to join with others who have not registered.
All girls participating must have a current Girl Scout membership. Is your Girl Scout a current member? (yes, no, not sure) If not, that is OK! We can help you with joining. Link to purchase a Girl Scout membership is on your confirmation email.