Who We Are
We Are Girl Scouts.
Girl Scouts bring their dreams to life and work together to build a better world.
Through programs from coast to coast, Girl Scouts of all backgrounds and abilities can be unapologetically themselves as they discover their strengths and rise to meet new challenges—whether they want to climb to the top of a tree or the top of their class, lace up their boots for a hike or advocate for climate justice, or make their first best friends.
Backed by trusted adult volunteers, mentors, and millions of alums, Girl Scouts lead the way as they find their voices and make changes that affect the issues most important to them.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character,
who make the world a better place.
Girl Scout Promise
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God* and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.
Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
respect myself and others,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.
Girl Scouts of Colorado Mission Statement:
Girl Scouts of Colorado prepares girls and adults to create unique
leadership paths, ignite change, and share a worldwide sisterhood
through girl-led traditions and new experiences.
- GSCO is a chartered council of the national organization Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Through membership in the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), we are part of a worldwide family of more than 10 million girls and adults in 150 countries.
- WAGGGs owns five World Centers: Pax Lodge in London, England; Our Chalet in Adelboden, Switzerland; Our Cabana in Cuernavaca, Mexico; Sangam in Pune, India; Kusafiri in Africa.
- The Girl Scouts Movement is the largest girl-serving organization in the country and has the largest girl-led business in the country, the annual Cookie Program.
* Members may substitute for the word God in accordance with their own spiritual beliefs.