Time Commitment:1 year
This volunteer position has a one year term with the possibility of reappointment at the consent of both the volunteer and Girl Scouts of Colorado (GSCO).
The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) Program Associate will assist the My World Program Services Manager by developing resources for international activities, provide training and support for global programming. This includes developing and facilitating two programs a year, each one to be facilitated in at least two to three different regions in Colorado. The position will support GSCO’s goals to promote awareness about the world, promote cross-cultural learning opportunities and educate girls, volunteers, parents, staff and adults on relevant global issues that inspire them to take action in Colorado. This associate will also be available to work with individuals and troops to talk about global Girl Scouting.
Program Services Manager of "My World Initiative"
The individual who fills this volunteer position will gain a sense of accomplishment, develop transferable skills and connect with the community .
GSCO agrees to provide ongoing support, guidance, and encouragement including access to relevant learning opportunities. Support will also include communicating with vendors and parents, providing all needed program documentation, support with program and curriculum development, advertising programs on the GSCO activity finder website, collect and process recruitment information, purchase and provide needed program materials.
• Remain informed about and comply with the most current policies, procedures, and guidelines of Girl Scouts of Colorado and Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA). Including but not limited to those found in Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints.
• Complete training appropriate for position.
• Be a contact for staff and parents while managing a program. Assure that all girls are picked up by the appropriate guardian/parent at the end of a program or activity.
• Share WAGGGS programming news and information with Program Manager.
• Develop at least two WAGGGS program opportunities annually.
• Facilitate WAGGGS programming in Colorado.
• Identify new global programming opportunities for GSCO.
• Deliver WAGGGS training at Fallapolloza.
Qualifications and Core Competencies– Required:
• Accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law and register as a member of GSUSA.
• Be an approved adult volunteer with a volunteer application, cleared background check, and two references on file with GSCO.
• Present a positive image of Girl Scouting to girls, volunteers and community members through effective communication, high personal standards of conduct and knowledge of the Girl Scout program and organization. Promote the benefits of Girl Scouting and the importance of making a personal financial contribution and volunteering time to GSCO.
• Willingness to learn about and work with adults and girls with diverse backgrounds/abilities.
• Patience creativity, good facilitation skills and experience working with girls.
• Understanding of the Program Planning Guide.
• Ability to work and communicate well with people and proactively seek resolution to conflict.
• Use discretion in all confidential matters.
Additional Competencies or Skills– Preferred:
• Make a personal financial contribution to Girl Scouts of Colorado. (The amount or form of gift is up to the individual .)
Please acknowledge receipt of and agreement with this position description online.