You don’t have to be a Girl Scout to cook with Girl Scout Cookies. Our categories include appetizers, entrees and desserts. Creativity and whimsy are encouraged. Let loose your inner Iron Chef and be a part of this amazing competition!
All registrations for this event must go through the Colorado State Fair. No entries will be accepted at the Girl Scout Service Center. Competition rules and details are below. For more info, download our Cooking with Cookies flyer or visit the event page on the Colorado State Fair website.
Special Contest Entry Abbreviation: SPGS Division 137
Best of Show: $60
Best Appetizer: $15
Best Entree: $15
Best Dessert: $15
Competition and Entry Requirements:
1. All registrations must go to the Colorado State Fair. Please do not submit to your local Girl Scout office.
2. Contestants must be under the age of 18 at time of contest.
3. Limit one entry per category per person.
4. Girl Scout membership is NOT a requirement to enter the competition.
5. Recipes should be original and must be created with a minimum of two cookies per serving (not including garnish), any variety.
6. Recipes will be judged on taste, appearance and originality.
7. Each recipe must be named, original, unpublished, and the sole property of the entrant.
8. Recipe must be TYPED on an 8 inch by 11 inch sheet of paper and include the
recipe name, a list of ingredients and simple preparation instructions. On the REVERSE side of the recipe TYPE your name, age, address and city of residence.
9. Entries must be made solely by the contestant.
10. Entries will be judged by Girl Scouts, whose decision is final.
11. Submit at least six servings of the prepared entry.
12. All recipes become the property of Girl Scouts of Colorado and the Colorado State Fair, each of which reserve the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish and use any or all of the recipes, and contestant names, for publicity, promotion, or advertising without compensation to the contestant.
13. Taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
All place winners will be recognized with a certificate of participation. Each contestant is eligible to receive two boxes of Girl Scout Cookies for use in their recipe. Please contact your local Girl Scout Service Center for cookie availability.