Training and Online Support
Adult learning opportunities are loaded with information to help you succeed in your volunteer position. And they are fun, convenient and a great way to network with other volunteers.
Search for trainings in the Events Calendar.
Recruitment Season is here! Click here for Recruiter Training.
These are just some of the trainings we offer:
Getting started as a new troop volunteer:
• Girl Scouting 101: Online! Get to know Girl Scouts in a fun, online orientation.
• Nuts and Bolts: Online! Required for Troop Leadership Team. Ready to get that new troop off the ground and help your girls soar? This course has the nitty gritty details you need to make starting your troop a breeze.
• Daisies 101, Brownies 101, Juniors 101, Older Girls 101: In person! Required for Troop Leadership Team. The more you know - the better it gets! Join seasoned facilitators and learn how to start the fun, and keep it cool all year long.
Traveling with girls:
• Overnight Trips:
Online! Required before planning an
overnight trip. Your girls are on the go and ready for adventure! Let
Girl Scouts share our best tips for stress-free, safe trip and help
you plan for great girl-led trips.
• Cooking and Camping: In person! Required before cooking outdoors and/or camping. You'll spend the day flexing some outdoor skills muscles. You want to have safe, organized, fun and memorable camping trips with your girls - let us help you get prepared! Prerequesite: Overnight Trips. Materials Fee: $10.
• Extended Trips: In person! Required before planning a trip of 3 nights or more. Your Juniors are ready for their first road trip, or maybe your Seniors want to go global and you want to be right there with them. You'll need safe advice and stress-free planning advice - and we've got you covered. Prerequisite: Overnight Trips.
Supporting your Girl Scout Community
• Service Unit Team Training: In person! Ready for the next challenge? You know Service Units keep Girl Scouts active and alive in their community. Join the team!
• Recruiter Training: Online! Who's our best resource for spreading the good Girl Scout news and keeping us growing? You are! Learn how to fast-track new girls and volunteers in your community and practice your best "Girl Scouts is GREAT!" pitch. Or access the PIN calendar here.
• Train the Trainer: In person! Are you ready to give back to your Girl Scout community in a big way? Join us as a volunteer trainer and help our volunteers fly!
• Progam Aide Train the Trainer: In person! We rely on Program Aide trainers to provide meaningful and fun development for Cadettes who want to lead younger girls.
• Power Up Train the Trainer: In person! We rely on volunteers like you to make sure the anti-bullying message in Power Up! is alive and well in Colorado. Learn more about Power Up here.
• Day Camp Director 101: In person! Girls can't wait to get outdoors and have fun together - do you have what it takes to build a Day Camp team and plan an amazing summer experience for girls?
Whether you are new to the game or looking for fresh ideas, Fallapaloozas and Minipaloozas are great ways to get the training you need at a location convenient to you!